Hello ladies. The first day of spring was the 21st and you know what that means… Warmer weather! We hope anyway. The climate change not only affects your wardrobe but also your hair! Here at BPure Beauty Bar, we would like to give you some great tips for products and services we think would be helpful for this season.
Curls and Frizz
For those of you with this weather change, you experience drier hair (and drier climates) you hair becomes brittle and dry and even feels like straw (curly girls I am talking to you since coiled hair is drier by nature). Here are some tips and products you could use to help treat and prevent this issue:
- Take a breather on those hot tools (straightening irons, blow dryers etc.). Let your hair dry naturally and show off those gorgeous curly locks
- Implement more moisture into your hair care regimen with hydrating shampoos and conditioner. We also recommend a Hair Mask with coconut milk or argan oil for an extra moisturizer for those locks. I personally enjoyed this one: Gariner hair masks it works wonders for me!
- Bring out those silk or satin pillowcases and sheets or use a satin-lined nightcap.
- For hair that is already dried, try awapuhi wild ginger styling treatment oil. It quenches parched hair and smooths frizz, leaves strands soft, silky and gives it that rich salon treated shine. It is a light weight formula and gives a natural finish to your styling routine. We love the product and you can get here at BPure Beauty Bar. We highly recommend it.
So let's face not having enough oil is tough, having too much is just as frustrating. Many people get too much oil in their hair for many different reasons. It can be from putting too much product in your hair and your hair and scalp just need a simple detoxing. You could even be just touching your hair too much. There are definitely ways to help prevent and manage oily hair.
- Wash a little more. Shampooing gives you an opportunity to clean out the dirt and oils in your hair. Using a great shampoo option is important. We recommend Scruples Clarifying Shampoo It is great to use daily to clean out oil and product.
- An egg yolk mask is a great natural and affordable for a little extra help. Egg yolks have a high sulfur content, which can help relieve dandruff and greasy hair symptoms. Also, egg yolks contain lecithin and protein, which can help strengthen your hair while providing it with a softer, shinier appearance.
- Make sure your brush or comb is clean before using it. Keeping a build up of old dirt, dandruff and oils in your hairbrush can lead to getting more oils in your hair.
Damaged by over-processed hair
Let's face it, the spring and summer are great times to reinvent your look. Coloring your hair is always fun, exciting and brings a new feeling for yourself. Without the proper hair care for colored hair, then it can get dry and feel unhealthy. Here are our beauty tips for managing your hair.
- Like our curly hair friends, over-processing your hair can easily damage it and leave it dry and weak. We definitely recommend and use Paul Mitchell awapuhi ginger Microsmooth shampoo and conditioner for frizz control.
- Again a hair mask is definitely a great additive to our ideal regimen when dealing with damaged here. A little bit of coconut oil as well goes a long way for your hair.
- Want to take a natural route? Apple Cider Vinegar is a great miracle working with not only body health benefits but also hair. Add a little bit of egg whites and olive oil for protein and shine with your hair.